How to Choose a Quality Garage Door Opener
Would you like to get a garage door opener, but do not know exactly what to choose due to the many options that are on the market nowadays? If so, then you must not worry because this article will certainly offer you some inspiration, and your choice will be easier. Here is how to choose a quality garage door opener.
Go for chain-drive openers in case you have a heavy door
Garage door openers exploded in popularity due to the fact that they are efficient, as well as reasonably priced. Even with heavy garage doors, you can find a suitable product that can pull the weight so that it opens the door without you having to get out of your car. As door openers differ from one another when it comes to the maximum amount of weight they can lift, you must find a reliable source where various products are listed to compare their attributes and see which one actually suits your specific needs.
- Most openers for heavy doors feature chain separators that stop the chain from hitting against the track.
- Chain-drive openers use a metal chain to open and close the door along the track.
- Downside: It can get quite noisy when it operates, so if you have a bedroom above the garage, it will present a nuisance.
Do you want a quiet operation?
If you are looking for a device that has a quiet operation, then you should go for a belt-drive opener. It uses a special rubber belt in order to silently open and close doors, which is absolutely fantastic. This makes belt-drive door openers a must for those who have the garages annexed to the house and rooms above these spaces. As you come and go at different hours of the day and night and ultimately have to open and close the garage door, you won’t wake up everyone inside the house.
Screw drive openers require little maintenance
- Compared to other door opener types, screw drive models require little in the way of maintenance due to the fact that they have just a few moving parts. This ultimately translates to lower acquisition costs, which is a bonus as screw drive openers are suitable for all budgets and possibilities.
- These systems are durable and powerful, which makes them long-term acquisitions. Thus, your money goes toward a product that will serve you for multiple years.
Is safety important for you?
The answer to this question is definitely yes. As a matter of fact, most consumers don’t install these systems with the primary purpose of more conveniently opening and closing the garage door whenever needed, but rather for safety enhancement reasons.
- Systems that feature the latest technologies transmit a unique code from the remote to the opener for activation, models that feature rolling codes preventing theft as a new code is generated with each utilization. Thus, your home is made impenetrable and it serves as protection against burglars. You will inevitably have to spend some extra cash for this feature, but it’s worth the financial effort considering the benefits you reap.
- There’s another added perk which enhances safety as well, and here we refer to systems that feature the possibility to generate electronic beams. What these beams do is, through their extension across the garage door opening, detect when a person, animal, or object is in the closing path to revert the operation and prevent an unwanted accident from occurring.
Power is just as important
This is an important aspect that you should have in mind when going shopping. Do you have a single or a double door? Depending on the type, you will need to choose the right product. For example, if the door is double, then you should go for an opening system that is very powerful, whereas with single doors you can go for a more budget-friendly system. Just make sure to pick an opener that suits the door you have when it comes to setup, lift capacity, and power. Otherwise, it won’t be able to run.
Commodity and safety are two of the most important elements in the life of modern folk. If you have a garage, spare yourself of the effort of closing and opening the door manually by installing a specialty opener system to do the task for you. There’s the extra safety associated with making this installation that adds appeal to it, evidently, the access of intruders inside your home through the garage being made impossible with modern systems. Balancing these perks with the fact that, nowadays, you can find good-quality products at fair prices, it’s easy to see why garage door openers are so popular amongst homeowners.